About the company
Reshift Media is a rapidly growing, high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of digital projects.
About the role
We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we develop and grow our web development team.
We are a remote workplace, meaning the successful candidate will work from the comfort of their home on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of a team that has high quality values. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We have regular virtual and in-person team events to build a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork and fun. We therefore have a preference for team members to be located in Ontario, ideally near Toronto and its surrounding areas.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Create intuitive, robust, reusable, and customer facing web user interfaces using modern frameworks.
- Develop and debug complex web applications in multiple UI and web technologies.
- Maintain code quality by using or implementing development best practices
- Collaborate with a team of designers and developers.
- Work closely with the UI/UX design team and bridge the gap between the design and software development team.
- Solve advanced UX problems and suggest the best technology to solve the problem.
- Capable of working both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Self manage tasks and time; work remotely with minimal supervision.
Desired skills and experience
- 3+ years of experience building web applications
- 4+ years of experience with responsive design, grid frameworks (Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.), and developing on multi-platform/multi-browser compatibility (IE 10+, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari) and CSS Preprocessors (LESS & Sass)
- Some exposure to DevOps best practices and cloud computing
- Strong understanding of SDLC and experience in delivering complex large-scale applications.
- Hands on experience with agile development methodologies and workflows.
- Experience with source control (e.g. Git/Gitlab) and modern software delivery techniques and tools
- Working knowledge of mobile application development and SDLC
- Experience with Facebook Ads UI and Google Ads UI
- Have proficiency with cross browser/cross platform issues, DOM and web standards
- Design Experience