About the company
Reshift Media is a rapidly growing, high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of digital projects.
About the role
We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we develop and grow our web development team.
We are a remote workplace, meaning the successful candidate will work from the comfort of their home on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of a team that has high quality values. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We have regular virtual and in-person team events to build a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork and fun. We therefore have a preference for team members to be located in Ontario, ideally near Toronto and its surrounding areas.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Review and understand third-party software documentation and scope optimal solutions for a seamless integration between different solutions and business requirements.
- Write well-documented code and follow best practices.
- Performing coding assignments.
- Reviewing code work for accuracy and functionality.
- Analyzing code segments regularly.
- Creating and implementing design plans.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
- API development and partner integrations.
- Capable of working both independently and in collaboration with other developers, designers, project managers, and other stakeholders.
- Self manage tasks and time; work remotely with minimal supervision.
Desired skills and experience
- 6+ years of web application development experience
- PHP 5+ years experience (required)
- Mongodb/MySql 4+ years experience (required)
- RESTful API 3+ years experience (required)
- Strong understanding of SDLC and experience in delivering complex large-scale applications.
- Experience with microservices architecture, cloud functions and serverless computing.
- Hands on experience with agile development methodologies and workflows.
- Proficiency in using source control including Git/Gitlab or any Git based tool.
- Strong knowledge and experience with robust databases, Mongodb/MySql/Firebase, architecture and secure queries
- Strong knowledge and experience with Laravel/Lumen backend architecture
- Working knowledge of mobile application development
- Experience with latest Facebook Graph API and Google Ads API
- Experience with AWS S3, Google Cloud, Heroku
- Experience with VueJs, AngularJs and Node.js considered a strong asset
- Web server configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with payment gateway integration, such as Stripe, Braintree etc…