About the company
Reshift Media is a rapidly growing, high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of digital projects.
About the role
We are seeking a strong Web Development Manager help on and lead Website Development projects.
We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we develop and grow our web development team.
We are a remote workplace, meaning the successful candidate will work from the comfort of their home on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of a team that has high quality values. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We have regular virtual and in-person team events to build a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork and fun. We therefore have a preference for team members to be located in Ontario, ideally near Toronto and its surrounding areas.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Work closely with the design team to make recommendations for optimal solutions to technical issues and opportunities
- Lead a team of web developers and ensure projects are delivered on time.
- Help build estimates and create project backlogs.
- Mentor and guide developers. Help improve their professional skill sets.
- Run code reviews and ensure quality of work on projects.
- Analyzing code segments regularly.
- Active hands on development experience.
- Write well-documented code and following best practices.
- Keeping up-to-date with industry trends and technology developments.
- Review and understand third-party software documentation and scope optimal solutions for a seamless integration between different solutions and business requirements.
- Create and integrate external APIs.
- Consult on project architecture and integration with client’s internal processes.
- Report back on project status and milestones.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience in managing and leading a team of developers in a high paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and perform under pressure.
- Strong understanding of SDLC and experience in delivering complex large-scale applications.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Hands on experience with agile development methodologies and workflows.
- Extensive experience creating WordPress sites from design to implementation.
- 8+ years of web development experience.
- PHP 5+ years experience (required).
- RESTful API 4+ years experience (required).
- Experienced with HTML, CSS, SCSS, LESS, JS, jQuery, NodeJS and PHP.
- Experienced with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experienced with LEMP and LAMP stacks.
- Experienced with GIT and GIT based workflows.
- Familiar with build scripts.
- Expert knowledge of responsive best practices.
- Enthusiastic about cutting edge web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, confident, organized, high-energy team player.
- Working knowledge of mobile application development
- Experience with latest Facebook Graph API and Google Ads API
- Experience with AWS S3, Google Cloud, Heroku.
- Experience with microservices architecture, cloud functions and serverless computing.
- Strong knowledge and experience with robust databases, Mongodb/MySql/Firebase, architecture and secure queries
- Experience with VueJs, AngularJs and Node.js considered a strong asset
- Web server configuration and troubleshooting.
- Experience with payment gateway integration, such as Stripe, Braintree etc…