Job Listing: Platform Experience Designer (UI/UX design)
Reshift Media is a high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We are headquartered in downtown Toronto and we work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of digital projects.
We are looking for a passionate, fun and dedicated person to join our team as a Platform Experience Designer to work directly with our software development team on a major internal initiative.
This is a full-time contract position with a duration of 4-5 months, with strong potential for extension.
If you are a problem solver at heart, you’re the right person for this job!
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced platform experience designer who will help us take our existing software platform to the next level. The successful candidate is the type that would immerse themselves into the product and is closely involved in sessions from brainstorming to ideation; will be leading the platform redesign and the launch of new features. The ideal person is detail oriented, experienced in platform usability, motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and ambition to succeed!
- Create industry leading user experience designs by translating business requirements, recommending features, experiences, and UI implementations to meet the needs of the platform
- Lead design discussions with business and technology stakeholders by communicating ideas and explaining rationale behind design decisions
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and conceptual development
- Ability to work autonomously within tight timelines
- Solid stakeholder management skills
- Lead the user experience strategy and user roadmaps to ensure a consistent user experience across the platform
- Establish the new platform design standards and ensure adherence to these standards
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, iterative environment
- Balance business objectives with optimal user experience
- Create user-centered designs
- Experienced in wireframing and prototyping
- Ability to create design deliverables such as sketches, wireframes, design comps, user flows, and associated documentation
- User testing and QA in collaboration with the dev team to ensure proper execution of the designs
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Creative and analytical thinker who is self-driven and capable of working in a fast paced environment
- A university degree or certification in visual design or a design-related discipline (equivalent work experience may be considered a substitution)
- 5+ years of experience as interface / interaction designer, or similar role. Having worked on a platform previously is a must.
- Hands on experience in IA design, UX & UI Design, usability
- Strong communication skills: verbal, written, presentation
- Strong experience in sketch
Candidates’ UI/UX skills are to be backed by a solid portfolio.