Job Posting: Developer
Reshift Media is a Toronto-based digital marketing agency that is growing rapidly. We work with our clients as a one-stop destination for cohesive digital design, development, search and social services. We have a worldwide client base spanning multiple industries and are known for our high quality and innovative work.
We’re looking for a talented and multi-skilled Developer who likes to work in a fast-paced and fun environment to join our team on a full-time or contract basis to lead multiple projects.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for people who are interested in ongoing learning and developing their career as we continue to grow our development team.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment and have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Work closely with the design, search, content and social media teams to make recommendations for optimal solutions to technical issues and opportunities
- Create custom WordPress themes based on client needs.
- Build WordPress plugins to integrate client’s workflow into the CMS.
- Create and integrate external APIs with WordPress.
- Give time estimates and manage time efficiently.
- Report back on project status and milestones.
- Write well-documented code and following best practices.
- Own and lead the technical backlog of projects.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experienced with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experienced with LAMP Stack and Familiar with LEMP.
- Familiar with GIT and GIT based workflows.
- Extensive experience creating WordPress sites from design to implementation.
- Experienced with working with custom post types and xmlrpc.
- Familiar with Buddypress apis.
- Familiar and utilize frontend CSS compilers.
- Familiar with build scripts.
- Expert knowledge of responsive best practices.
- Enthusiastic about cutting edge web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, confident, organized, high energy team player.
If you think this is the job for you, then we would like to meet you! Please send a resume to email@example.com.