Job Posting – Social Media Manager
An exciting opportunity is available with Reshift Media, a fast-growing digital marketing agency located in downtown Toronto. We’re looking for an energetic, social-savvy individual who understands what it takes to create compelling branded content, build an online community, and interact effectively with clients. They will work with our VP of Content and Social Media as part of a cross-functional team that includes search, design and development to assist several of our widely recognized clients with their content creation, social media setup, community management, social media training, social media ad creation, and reporting.
While every day and every client is different, the social media manager is responsible for leveraging our client’s earned and paid social media in order to achieve maximum awareness and credibility, build the brand, and drive revenue. The role’s responsibilities may include:
- Social profile setup – creation or enhancement of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat, Yelp and other pages/profiles. Includes analysis on who best to follow and management of lists.
- Content creation – writing and/or compiling corporate blog posts, newsletters, press releases, communications materials, and copy for social media channels and brand websites. They may also be responsible for creating social media editorial calendars, including posts, tweets and images.
- Engagement – increasing our clients’ audience size, reach and activity/responses on social networks.
- Social media monitoring – using tools to track, monitor and act on brand mentions, customer comments, hashtags and industry news.
- Social media ad creation and flighting – composing, executing and optimizing social ads on Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Analytics – using various measurement tools to provide weekly and monthly reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve those metrics through testing and new initiatives.
- Training – hosting webinars and live sessions to walk clients through social media best practices and proprietary software.
The right candidate will have:
- A university degree in communications, journalism, or a similar field of study
- 3-5 years writing and editing experience, preferably in a digital or agency environment
- Fluency in digital communications and distribution strategy
- Strong knowledge of social networking channels (especially Facebook , Twitter, Snapchat, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram) and best practices
- Working knowledge of social media tools and social listening devices (i.e. – Hootsuite, Sprout Social)
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable and confident when speaking to clients over the phone and in person
- Ability to meet strict deadlines
- Knowledge of Facebook Ads Manager and Twitter ad tools is an asset
- Go above and beyond to get the job done with maximum quality – and have fun as a team doing it
- Believe that no two client engagements are alike
- Like to manage multiple things at once – the faster the pace, the better
If this sounds like a good fit for you, please forward your resume, writing samples and a cover letter outlining why you want to work for Reshift Media, as well as your social media handles to email@example.com.