Job Posting – Web Development Manager
Reshift Media is a high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We are headquartered in downtown Toronto and we work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of development, social and search projects.
We are looking for a passionate leader to join our team as our Web Development Manager to lead our front-end development team. This person will work on a wide variety of development projects for clients across many industries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of an organization that values teamwork, customer service and quality. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We are looking for individuals with the drive and ambition to succeed!
- Work closely with the design team to make recommendations for optimal solutions to technical issues and opportunities
- Lead a team of web developers and ensure projects are delivered on time and with quality.
- Help build estimates and create a project backlog.
- Mentor and guide junior developers so they can learn and grow.
- Run code reviews and ensure quality of work on projects.
- Hands-on development.
- Write well-documented code and following best practices.
- Create and integrate external APIs.
- Consult on project architecture and integration with client’s internal processes.
- Report back on project status and milestones.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in managing and leading a team of developers in a high paced environment.
- Ability to adapt to change and perform under pressure.
- Experienced with HTML, CSS, SCSS, LESS, JS, jQuery, NodeJS and PHP.
- Experienced with MySQL and MongoDB.
- Experienced with LEMP and LAMP stacks.
- Experienced with GIT and GIT based workflows.
- Extensive experience creating WordPress sites from concept to implementation.
- Familiar with build scripts.
- Expert knowledge of responsive best practices.
- Enthusiastic about cutting edge web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills: verbal, written, presentation.
- Innovative, motivated, confident, organized, high-energy team player.