About the company
Reshift Media is a rapidly growing, high-energy digital agency and software developer that incorporates leading design, engaging content, best-in class technology and a unique perspective into everything we do. We work with more than 200 brands in 20 countries on a wide variety of digital projects.
About the role
We are looking for people who are interested in developing their career with us, as we develop and grow our web development team.
We are a remote workplace, meaning the successful candidate will work from the comfort of their home on an ongoing basis.
Successful candidates should enjoy working in an agile team environment; have the enthusiasm and ambition to complete projects to the highest standard and want to be part of a team that has high quality values. The ideal person is motivated by results, is self-directed and is committed to continuous improvement.
We have regular virtual and in-person team events to build a strong culture of collaboration, teamwork and fun. We therefore have a preference for team members to be located in Ontario, ideally near Toronto and its surrounding areas.
We are looking for individuals with an ambition to succeed!
- Build and develop responsive templates and components for the WordPress content management system using modern frameworks and starter themes
- Extend the WordPress back-end to allow for content to be entered and edited
- Produce work that is AODA and WCAG compliant with sufficient core vitals
- Update and modify code for existing themes and plugins • Maintain code quality by using or implementing best practices
- Do monthly website maintenance, updating core files and plugins, testing and ensuring a consistent user experience
- Research and configure the newest technologies as they apply to a project
- Communicate and train clients and co-workers in adding and modifying pages and posts
- Collaborate with a team of designers, work both independently and along side fellow developers
- Be able to self-manage tasks and time, create reasonable time estimates and work remotely with minimal supervision
Desired skills and experience
- 2+ years of experience with WordPress, developing templates, custom themes, and plugins
- 3+ years of experience with responsive design and CSS Preprocessors (LESS & Sass)
- Building with a grid framework (Bootstrap, UIKit, etc)
- Utilizing package managers and task runners (npm, Gulp, postCSS, etc)
- Developing with multi-platform/multi-browser compatibility (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, etc)
- Working with agile development methodologies and workflows • Experience with source control (e.g. Git/Gitlab)
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Preceptive at details and have a strong design aesthetic
- Familiar with Gutenberg, building custom blocks, and shortcodes
- Worked within a WordPress multisite
- Experience with MySQL databases
- Familiar with e-commerce (Woocommerce)
- Experience with multi-lingual development (WPML)
- Using Adobe Photoshop / has design experience