Summerhill Market and digital design/development agency Reshift Media have collaborated to create and launch a unique eCommerce website at www.summerhillmarket.com.
Summerhill Market was founded by Frank McMullen in Rosedale, Toronto in 1954. Today, Brad and Christy McMullen are at the helm of the family business. Every day both Brad and Christy look for new ways to raise the bar when it comes to their father and grandfather’s tradition of providing the local community with fresh produce, superior grocery selection, choice meats, and homemade prepared food items. Summerhill remains a stronghold within the community and is dedicated to its history and passion for providing the best for its customers.
As a vibrant and growing grocer, the Summerhill team identified the need to dramatically improve their online presence through the design and development of a new web property which accurately reflected Summerhill’s history and brand, while also incorporating new elements such as eCommerce, search optimization, and social media.
The Reshift Media team worked closely with Summerhill to create a leading-edge site that includes:
- A friendly and modern design that highlights Summerhill’s unique grocery selection and company values
- Ecommerce capability to enable online purchase and delivery of grocery and floral items
- Customer profiling system which allows for placement and monitoring of online orders
- HTML5 (responsive) development to ensure the site works across all desktop and mobile screens
- Top-of-the-line search engine optimization to provide maximum content visibility
- Blogging capability to allow for content creation and sharing via social media
“For sixty years our customers have loyally ordered their holiday dinners and dinner party catering the old-fashioned way, so it was time for us to take a step into the modern world. The result is a convenient hub for customers to experience our knowledgeable neighborhood market — their second kitchen — online,” said Brad McMullen, owner and third-generation grocer, Summerhill Market.
“The Summerhill site was a very interesting project from the outset,” said Steve Buors, CEO of Reshift Media. “We knew it was important to stay true to the history and depth of the Summerhill brand while also introducing new aspects such as eCommerce and online profiling. We are really excited by the end result, as we think it achieves the best of both worlds.”