How to Create a Facebook Story on a Business Page
With business pages’ organic reach continuing to decrease on Facebook, it’s now more important than ever to experiment with different ways to get your posts in front of as many eyeballs as you possibly can.
Facebook recently rolled out Stories to business pages, which provides another opportunity to showcase your brand and increase your Facebook engagement. While many brands are using disappearing Instagram and Snapchat stories to reach their Audience, Facebook Stories has previously been limited to personal profiles, with very little uptick in usage.
Facebook’s latest algorithm change prioritizes local news, as well as interactions between friends and family, making it even harder for posts from business pages to be seen without spending money to boost them. It’s now more important than ever to look at alternative ways to interact with your audience. Facebook Stories may help business pages gain some visibility, especially with so few people using them at this stage.
Much like Instagram Stories, Facebook Stories are visual rather than text-based. They can contain multiple photos and videos to communicate a message and disappear 24 hours. Business pages can only post Stories using the mobile app, not from the desktop.
Before jumping into Facebook Stories, it’s important to understand the difference between content that makes a good Story versus content that makes a good post. Much like on Instagram, Stories tend to lend themselves better to behind-the-scenes content and often have a more “guerilla marketing” feel than the professional photography you’re more likely to use with posts. You want viewers to watch your Story from the beginning to the end by guiding them through a journey. Here are some guidelines to follow on how to create a good Story versus how to create a good post:
How to create Facebook Stories
To share Facebook Stories, you must be an admin or editor of your brand’s page. Through the Facebook app on your phone or your page’s Creator Studio tab on desktop, you can directly post Stories by:
1. Going to your brand’s page
2. Scroll down to where you see Create Story in the top middle of the screen indicating a menu
3. Click Create a Story.
4. Create your Story by taking photos or video, or upload photos and video from your Camera Roll
- Tap BOOMERANG to create captivating mini videos that loop back and forth
- Tap MOOD to create GIF-centric Stories frames to convey a chosen feeling
- Tap POLL to ask a question, customize the answers and let people vote for their favorite option.
- Tap MUSIC to add a clip of a song to your photo or video.
5. Add filters, text or draw on it. Tap Effects to add other creative effects to your photo or video, or Save to save it to your camera roll.
6. Add a Call-To-Action button (Book Now/Get Directions/Learn More/Call Now/See Event/See Offer..) to your Page’s story so people can interact with your page
7. Tap Done, then tap Share To Story
How do I share your Instagram story to Facebook?
If you have a business profile on Instagram, you can allow your Instagram Stories to be shared to Facebook Stories automatically:
- Access your settings in the Instagram app
- Select ‘Story Settings’
- Turn on ‘Share Your Story to Facebook.’
With this method, all of your Story analytics will be combined and viewable on Instagram.
You can also push your Instagram Stories to Facebook Stories manually.
- Start creating a story, then tap Send to.
- Below Your Story, tap Sharing Options.
- Select Share to Facebook Every Time or Share Once.
- Tap Share.